Thursday, May 7, 2009

Work and Twitter

I have learned that my work place has set up a Twitter account -- for branding and recruiting, it says. That is cool and all that, but I don't know how to be able to follow work's twitter. I have tried very hard to remain anonymous, except for the few I have directly given this URL to. I definitely want to keep my personal life and work separate. Let's be honest, half the things I post here will raise many flags with the HR, and no, I do not rant about my viewpoint on gay marriage and/or religion at work, but I do want to be able to freely express myself at home. If I follow my company's twitter, others will be able to find my twitter... you get the drift. That is much worse than simply bringing work home and blurring that line about work and home.

Given all these cases about people being fired over what the post on MySpace, I feel that this signing up to work's twitter thing is almost borderline entrapment. O.o Luckily, I'm not from the my-life-is-an-open-book generation. And I sure hope that acquaintances of mine who stumble upon this blog will not know my identify. :)

No comments: