Thursday, May 7, 2009

Stuck in a Rut

Been feeling like stuck in a rut lately and just can't get out, both at work and at home. There's a Chinese saying about moaning when you are not ill and that's exactly how I feel. In this economy, having a reasonably stable job is a blessing, how dare I complain about it not being challenging enough? Perhaps part of it is the economy, with the recession and all that, just not a lot of projects going on that I can participate in. Or I have hit that point where I need to move on... but no where to move in this economy either. Ironically, work is also pushing out this Sabbetical program - one month no way, or three to six months with 40% pay if you are an outstanding employee. Sadly, I am not even sure what I am going to do with all those time off, that and I have an addiction of spending money. I'd rather go to work, earn my paycheck and blow a (small) portion on it on stuff that I want but don't need, instead of staying home all day but have to watch my spending... nobody says life is perfect.

No comments: