Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Friendfeed and Twitter

I can't help but wonder if these new sites are made specifically for ADHD kids (for those uninitiated, ADHD stands for Attention Deficit and Hyperactivity Disorder). If the sporadic limit to 140 characters (yes, characters, not words) short blurbs about what you are doing that minute is not random enough, you can port pretty much everything into this site calls Friendfeed. (I'm not sure why I even bother hyperlinking it.) You can import your twitter, blog, various bookmarking/recommending sites (delicious, stumble upon, digg etc. etc.) into it along with your feed on friendfeed and all the groups you are following. Ugh. If that's not bad enough (Helen, if you are reading this, I know I've lost you already, just skip to the next entry), every room/friend you follow plus whatever you posted will all display on the same page. I could literally hear my brain screaming bloody torture. Yesterday it has nice little icon that tells you which is which (blogger, feed, twitter, etc.), today they were all gone!!

Okay, I'm just bitching because I can. If they don't bring back the little icon, I am going to have to move onto greener pasture.

Oh, if I have forgotten to mention, in addition to twitter, blog, your bookmark, recoomendation, etc. etc. you can also import your netflix queue and amazon wish list... Is it me or does anyone else see the randomness in that? Perfect for a stalker I guess, you will literally be able to see every aspect of a person. Did they forget to allow one to import their grocery list?

No comments: