Thursday, April 2, 2009

Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster

From the Kiva site I've discovered a group called the Atheists, Agnostics, Free Thinkers, Non-Secular Humanist, and Non-Religious. Further research in the community area led me to the discover of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster -- a group who "believed" that the ultimate creator is, well, a big blob of spaghetti with two meatballs embedded. =.= Albeit the a bit juvenile approach and slightly phallic choice of their idol, I enjoyed the concept of it. As I have mentioned one of my previous post and surely many more to come, I am getting very fed up with a certain specific religion's persistent effort of shoving their belief down other's throats. Interesting enough, the homepage of Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster also features a "hate mail" section. (Only one with a big heart can feature a "hate mail" section on their homepage, if I may add.)

I feel compelled to quote a couple of them:

ARE YOU [Censored] JOKING??????!!!! A flying Spagetti Monster created this world??? you idiots have way too much time on your hands. I thought i saw it all But YOU guys for sure topped the stupidest list of SHIT ive seen/ OMG please get a life.

This lady has certainly took the meaning of "literally" to a whole different level. No, not every one of us believe in every thing that's spoon fed to us literally.

Here's a quite standard one:

I am at loss for words. Listen, I don’t understand why you people who believe in this “garbage” and at that matter, anyone who does not believe that God is not our savior feel the need to rat christians out for their beliefs. I know a couple of you can respect it, and that’s just fine with me. But many of you just plain rant on us christians, but what have we ever done to you, has god hurt you in any way? God created you, and everything you have, everything you can imagine and you say things like “I hate him” “He’s not real” “That dumb @$$ doesn’t even exist!” Well, could you please respect our opinons. We have done everything possible to reach out to you, and try to invite you to the church of Christ, and you have done nothing but rant us out.

See what I meant? These people are incapable of even contemplating the idea that there are individuals out there who believe differently than them (though not necessarily a flying spaghetti monster, no offense). It was clearly stated in the letter that God (as their religion defines it) is the truth, the only truth and nothing but the truth. :O My favorite part is "has God hurt you in any way?" Hmmmm, allow me to answer a question with a question, -- What have the homosexual individuals ever done to you? Surely the bible may have mentioned that the act of homosexuality is "not natural," -- not sure about the actual wording, I do not proclaim that I have read the entire Bible cover to cover -- but I never did quite figure out how we went from "unnatural" to "God hate homosexuals."

Surely, the act of homosexuality is unnatural. I do not argue that, as two males and two females cannot biologically reproduce. But tell these same group of people that we are just animals whose purpose is to procreate and they will try to stone you to death just as swiftly. If you argue that human beings have conscious, then we must also be given free will, and that will include the choice of the gender of your partner, let it be the same as you or the opposite of you. There are greater meaning to our lives on earth than merely to reproduce.

The very idea that "God" and "hate" being put in the same sentence is baffling. I thought the idea behind a religion (fictitious or otherwise) is to spread love, evidently my view point, learned from an Asian country, is way skewed. Religion is our wonderful U.S. of A seems to focus more on brain washing and manipulating the individual than any thing else. It is very sad to see a religion succumb to this. If there is a God, He must be very disappointed at those who are just trying to control the crowds in His name.

In short, Go Church of the FSM! I certainly support you guys on principles. :)

No comments: