Monday, October 13, 2008

My Single Child Syndrome

My single child syndrome has been pointed out to me by my beloved coworkers from my previous employment. "Single child syndrome" is a very interesting term and so very true. Funny thing is I noticed that I act the same way when it comes to a video game or a real life situation.

So once upon a time I played this game called "Yohoho Puzzle Pirate." First you join a crew and be a grunt. After a few weeks, I no longer want to be a grunt so I threw money at the problem -- bought game currency with my credit card and started my own crew and flag... and be my own captain.

For the longest time I have wanted to play in coed softball in a company. I was just about to give up on that when I started working with my current company. I could not believe that this particular dream can still be fulfilled at my age. Then I had some unpleasant incidents during the season, so I started my own team. After I started my own work team, I found out that that wasn't the best idea either because now you will have to accommodate every one at work. So next year I am going to start my own team, outside of work.

See, totally the same MO -- (1) start my own and (2) throw $ at the problem. Hurray to single child syndrome, capitalism, and $ to throw at problems. :D

No comments: