Monday, November 2, 2009

Softball Updates

So the regular team's season has ended and there's not going to be a winter season. T.T Luckily there's always an unlimited supply of warm bodies on the internet, I have quickly secured a replacement group that gets together and plays on Saturdays. :) Arguably that might be a better option for someone who can't play worth a shit. =D

My coworkers think it's very odd that I look for random teams/people to play softball with on the internet. I don't get it. Not everybody has that many friends, and even if you do, it doesn't mean they all like playing softball. So what's wrong with looking where it will be most fruitful? I guess it's like the stigma ten years ago about online dating. Well, I happened to purchase a great husband off the internet. So there!

That said, there are meet up groups for almost any activities that you can think of. I am drawing my line at watching movies at a stranger's place and/or inviting strangers to my place to watch movies with... And I never did understand why watching movies is even a social event. I hate watching movie with someone who talks through the entire movie (unless it's a really horrible movie). Or was the goal to sit around and socialize while a movie is on in the background? Um... AWKWARD!

No comments: