Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Quitter

Okay, I'll come clean. I'm a quitter. Things go south, I quit. Relationships go south, I quit. Jobs go south, I quit. (This is exactly why I keep my blog anonymous in the hope that my current and future employers will never find it.) Ever seen those generic thrillers where you start out with a group of people, ranging from 8 to 15, and they'll inevitably get killed one by one (sometimes in couples) until the last one or two? Well, if I am ever in a situation like that (and have a say in it), unless I am one of the last ones left, I'd much rather be one of the first to go. Preferrably the ones who didn't even know what hit them. Why spend all the energy run ning around and being scared if the end result is the same? Ever read in the news how a building collapsed and they still found survivors after 7 days? That person will never be me.

Even though being a quitter have so much negative connotation, there's certainly a positive way of looking at it too. Life's too short, seriously. There is no reason to stay in a relationship or a job that just makes you reasonable. Trust me, things are going to get better. So let's just mask this one of my weakness by calling it "pragmatic" or "efficiency." :)

No comments: