Wednesday, November 11, 2009

OCD

For those unenlightened, OCD stands for Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder. Unless you are someone with a severe lack of sense of humor and go strictly by the DSM IV (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders 4th Edition) definition -- those who compulsively count the tiles, close the door 15 times, check that the stove was, indeed, shut off 21 times -- usually in our daily speech it just means someone with some kind of a quirk.

By now most of my dear readers should already know that I purchased Hubby off an online dating site. It is worth mentioning that when I was signing up for the site (free trial), it still required you to fill out the entire questionnaire before they let you browse, to speed up the process, I randomly typed in the first thing that came to my mind, which, interestingly enough, might not always be the same answer you'd have given if you have spent the extra few minutes to reflect upon. Regardless, that was not the point of the story. One of the question was: what are some of the deal breakers for you? I randomly typed in OCD. Yeah, totally double standard, you don't need to tell me. Hahaha.

Get this, some guy actually wrote to me and said that it's a horrible disorder blah blah blah. Um... strike for having no sense of humor! Again, still digressing from my point. What I was trying to say in this entry was: I just realized that I LOVE peeps with OCD. Perhaps not as a partner in life, but definitely love, love, love working with them!! They are 100% lovable!! OCD people always so organized! Ducks are always in a row. Information are always readily available. There's just short of a flow chart for everything.

"Can I please have the list of your clients/charge codes/[fill in the blank here]."

The only obstacle lying between the person and me getting the information is the time it takes for the email to transmit!

So, yes, OCD, a very good thing to have at a work place!! Personal life, on the other hand... well, that's a different story. I don't hang out with these people after work. :)

No comments: