Monday, January 19, 2009

My Husband, The Alcoholic...?

For those who had seen me declining vehemently when someone offers alcoholic beverages to my husband, they must think he makes a horrible drunk. That can't be farther away from the truth.

Of the seven years we've been together, I've seen him drunk twice... both times he puked miserably into the toilet... And he wonders why I don't want to "experienced being drunk at least once in my life." Real convincing, honey.

Most of the time, he doesn't get to that point. Then why do I react so strongly? Well, he does three things when he has alcohol in him:

(1) Like most people, he became very chatty, and the volume goes up a couple notches.

(2) That filter (of what to say and what not to say) that was barely there before the alcohol simply becomes nonexsistent -- and no amount nudging and kicking could stop him.

(3) (And the most important point) He couldn't stay awake after that!! Yes, the selfish wife, especially when we are on vacation, wants him to stay up to entertain me, instead of being passing out in bed. :P

People always say, "this amount won't get him drunk." Little do they know, him being drunk was the last thing I worry about. ;)

No comments: