Thursday, January 1, 2009

Movie Marathon

My most favorite thing to do during weekend/holidays/vacations is to stay home and watch many, many (new) movies with the husband. I never knew that it could get to a point where my brain turns into mush from watching too many movies. Hubby and I watched 15 movies in the span of 8 days. I even had a hard time keeping track of all that we've watched and could only reconstruct the list with Hubby's help. Why would anyone want to reconstruct that? Oh, I dunno, it makes me feel so senile not being able to recall what movies I have watched, just a few days ago. To prevent myself from losing the list, I am going to post it to my blog. :) I was going to do it everyday, but that boat has so sailed...

Day 1

The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian - not bad
Spiderwick Chronicles - liked it better than Narnia
War, Inc. - funky movie, but worth watching

Day 2

Hellboy 2: The Golden Army - nice fighting scenes :D
Death Race - even though the ending was predictable, it was still very entertaining, worth watching
The Women - good!

Day 3

Stuck - ugh... kinda odd, says it's "inspired by a real life incident." I should look it up to find out the "real" part. Funny thing, of the entire movie, my husband found the part where the pen was missing from the guy's socket most unbelievable...
Eagle Eye - lots and lots and lots of cars were destroyed in the making of this movie....

Day 4

House Bunny - dumber than expected

Day 5

The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Worrier - even dumber than House Bunny... granted, historical accuracy was out the window from the get go... but did the revived emperor (don't tell me this is the spoiler) had to transform into an EUROPEAN dragon? And the peeps could miraculously speak English! And good English at that, at the most random times!
Lazarus Project - slow and bizarre, but overall not too bad

Day 6

Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 - not bad, but definitely meant for young girls
Sex & Death 101 - funky movie, highly recommended!
Duchess - A tad on the slow side -- it's not your average action filled (aka lots of explosions) Hollywood videos, but the pretty Duchess more than make up for it.

Day 7

Virgin Terriroty - A movie that I accidentally stumbled upon in Blockbuster. Exceeded expectation. Lots of sexually explicit scenes, but if that does not bother you, it was otherwise a funny movie. :)
WarGame - Hubby said it's a remake from some old movie. Very similar plot to Eagle Eye. Could be better, could be worse. It was a mediocre movie.

No comments: