Monday, August 31, 2009

Blessing in Disguise

Anyone who knows me can tell you that I get addicted easily, over just about anything -- a new gadget that I want, a video game, a website, a forum, an animal (mexican salamander)... etc. etc. And once I get addicted to something, I am very "dedicated to my addiction," as one of my friend said. For example, I would create spreadsheets for my mini games. Even my loving husband who thinks most of my quirks are cute had to say, "Good god, you have spreadsheets for your games?" Oh yes, spreadsheet is among one of my obsessions.

To balance out my addictive personality, I also have a short attention span -- none of these obsession are long-lasting, so I can go back to my normal life. One of my ex said everything is a fling to me. He's not wrong; I just didn't understand why he made it sound like it's a bad thing. If my attention is any longer, I will be like those people who are so addicted to MMORPG that they lose their jobs, house, and relationships!

My short attention span is, therefore, a blessing in disguise; not another flaw in my personality. :)

No comments: