Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Hobby II

So I was having this conversation with a friend one day, I was rambling on something about blogging, more like thinking out loud, to which she responded,

"No, I was never that bored [to blog]."

In my defense, I said, "But I like to blog, it's like a hobby to me."

"Yeah, right," she snickered.

Oddly enough, I was not annoyed (normally it doesn't take much to annoy me). I just didn't understand her reaction. She acted as though it was ludicrous that some people will enjoy enjoy sitting down and write. Is that so horrible of a hobby? How is knitting, crossing-stitching, or quilting any better? Not to knock quilting, some quilts are beautiful and I have done a few of those myself, but if you really think about it, quilting is to buy perfectly good fabric, some quite pricey ones, cut them up into pieces, then re-stitch them back together. Really! Think about that! So she's a very active person, good at many sports, but is hobby only limited to outdoor activities? How and who can judge that one hobby is better than another? Odd.

No comments: