Saturday, May 1, 2010

Neutral

Once upon a time when I was young, innocent, and naive, I used to assume that everyone I met is a nice person, until proven otherwise. After way too many disappointments, I learned to withhold my judgment until the person has done something to convince me one way or another. Every new person I met starts with a neutral score of zero. Zero not as in on a scale from 0 to 10 and 10 being the highest, zero as in the point of origin (0,0) on a graph. I neither like nor dislike a person until he or she has convinced me of one way or another.

Religious fanatics - automatic 40 points deduction on their IQ chart. If I work with you, that's highly unprofessional, I do not need to know your religious viewpoint. If I do not work with you, our conversation ends right here, and hopefully I will never have to talk to you again. Amen.

No comments: